First of all, some questions you need to answer and pointers to assist in getting things perfect for you:
1) What type of music do you want? Do you want a party atmosphere or something more laid back to give a more intimate feel? There are lots of music bands in Birmingham, so narrow the selection down by doing this first before anything else.
2) When do you want the band to perform? You are allowed to have music at the ceremony, during a reception / meal, and the evening party. Cost will vary depending on how many of these you require.
3) What is your budget and when do you require them? Booking early to get your preferred choice is a great idea, as at popular times they may already be booked if you have left too little time to book them.
4) Have you seen, or can you see the band you want live before confirming their attendance? Making sure they sound good live – nobody wants a band that can’t sing live.
5) Will the band cater to everybody’s tastes, and can they play your special song or wedding dance for you?
6) Can you ensure the band have the relevant certificates in place, such as Public Liability Insurance and PAT tests on all appliances?
7) Will you be able to confirm everything to the band e.g. venue, timings, technical details? If not, can the venue liaise directly with them?
8) Ensure you are aware of the duration the band are able to play. Most bands will offer two sets with a break in between, or some may offer three slightly shorter sets.
9) Keep in touch with the band from the time of booking up until your big day. This will ensure that things run as smoothly as possible and that any hiccups can be overcome.
10) After your wedding and the band’s performance, give them a great reference (unless things went badly) as this will help them build their portfolio and can help them to increase their bookings too. Who knows, someone may book them based on your recommendation, and maybe you booked them after seeing another couples?
So there we have it, a mix of ten questions and pointers that should allow you to choose the best wedding band for your big day. Following this guide can help you no end.
Remember it is important to get a band that can play for you and your guests, but your main consideration is you and your partner so choose a band that you both like and want above all else.
Lastly, we hope your big day goes well and we wish you a happy forever after!